Call for DJ’s: Perform at BLEND vol. 2, the showcase for DJ’s at M for Montréal and Mundial Montreal
Our official after-party BLEND is back for a second edition this year! We offer an inclusive celebration that brings together people attending M for Montreal and Mundial Montréal.
It’s a unique opportunity for collectives and nightlife artists to showcase their full range of talent in front of professionals from around the world who have gathered in Montreal for our two events.
Applying candidates will be added to our priority DJ contact list for our other events, taking place between November 14th and 18th.
Artists interested in applying can do so starting today by responding to the call for artists until midnight, July 4th.
To submit your project, simply fill out the form available at the bottom of the page. Registration is free!
Useful Information and Regulations
How to apply?
As part of this call for submissions, M for Montreal and Mundial Montréal are looking for artists who want to participate in our events as DJs. This call for submissions is reserved for women or individuals identifying as womxn, BIPOC individuals, as well as members of the 2SLGTBQIA+ community.
Having a team in place, commercially released music, a few performances under your belt, and subscribers on different social platforms are major assets for being selected, although they are not mandatory.
- Artist applications must be submitted between June 13th and July 2th, 2023.
- Artists must fill out the online application form, including a short biography, listening links, and photos.
- It is important to provide up-to-date information.
- Artists must be available on Friday, November 17th.
Additional performances may be offered as part of events organized by M for Montreal and Mundial Montréal. These events could take place between November 14th and 18th.
Only the official submission method will be accepted – email applications will not be considered.
What happens next?
- Once the form is submitted, the responsible person will receive a confirmation email.
- All received applications will be reviewed by the programming team.
- The responsible person will be notified by email of the status of the application during the month of July.
- In the event of a postponement, M for Montreal and Mundial Montréal will provide new conditions as soon as possible.
If the project is selected?
- M for Montreal and Mundial Montréal do not provide support for travel, accommodation, and living expenses for artists.
- Artists are responsible for obtaining the necessary visas to perform in Canada, as well as the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.
- Each performing group member will receive a wristband that grants access to the concerts on the day of their performance, as well as the conference component of M for Montreal and Mundial Montréal. Guest list requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The wristbands will be handed to the artist’s representative at the time of badge pick-up.
- M for Montréal and Mundial Montréal will provide the artist with the necessary staff and basic technical equipment for the smooth running of the performance. This includes: CDJ2000 X 2, DJM900NX X 1, SL1200 X 2, DJM900NX X 1
Please note that selected projects are under embargo until the complete lineup is unveiled.
M for Montreal and Mundial Montréal reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions without prior notice.