COVID-19: Travel, testing and borders
In accordance with Public Health requirements, all persons attending the event in person must have received their two vaccine doses. You can consult the Canadian government website for more details: COVID-19: Travel, testing and borders
Entry requirement for Canada (ETA)
- You need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) if you are not a Canadian or U.S. citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Go to the website for more information and to apply.
Entry requirement for transiting through the U.S.A. (ESTA)
- The United States Department of Homeland Security requires Visa Waiver Program (VWP) travellers to obtain approval from the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to check-in for a flight to the U.S. or connecting through the U.S.
- You must apply for ESTA even if you are only transiting the U.S. If you are connecting through the U.S. to a final destination in another country, please write “In Transit” in the address field on the application.
- Click here for more information and to apply.
- Click here to check your eligibility for ESTA.
How to get there (Plane, train, car)
You can arrive in Montreal by air or land.
- Plane: The international airport (YUL) is located 30 minutes from downtown. It is the only airport with the fastest access to the downtown area.
Air Canada offers are discount to Mundial Montéal delegates!
- Air Canada is happy to offer a discount on flights for Mundial Montréal participants for the 2023 edition, which will be held from November 14 to 17. We are happy to be able to count on the support of Air Canada for the travel of our local and international delegates.
- We encourage you to book your trip through our official carrier Air Canada. To make your reservation go to aircanada.com and enter the code HPHHHM81 in the search tool.
- The promotional code is offered exclusively to delegates registered for the 2023 edition of Mundial Montréal.
- Terms and conditions
- Applicable only for flights to Montreal Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau International Airport
- Valid for flights between Tuesday, November 7, 2023 and Friday, November 24, 2023
- Valid every day of the week
- 5% off standard fares and 10% off FLEX fares and above for flights within North America. 10% discount on standard fares and higher fares for international flights
- Train: If you are travelling from one province to another, the train is an interesting option for your travel. Find out about train travel options by visiting Via Rail
From the Airport (YUL) to Downtown Montreal
- From the Airport (YUL) to Downtown Montreal
- The STM 747 bus is the cheapest option at a $10 fare. If you’re paying on the bus, you’ll need exact cash (in coins only). You can buy a ticket at the automated STM machine inside the airport using debit/credit. More details here
- Taxi service from the airport is at a fixed rate of $40. It is customary to also give a 10-15% tip ($4-$6). More Details here
Uber service from the airport to Downtown starting at 30$. Pick up are at Door 6 located on the Departures level.
Getting around the venues
Walk ! Some of your best connections will come from having lunch, or simply walking for 10 minutes to a venue! Montreal is a compact city. Most of our venues are within walkable distance and easy to find.
Taxi service is efficient and reasonable in Montreal at all hours. Taxis come in all shapes, sizes, and colours (not just yellow), fares are metered and posted on the window of taxi. Tipping of 10%-15% is customary although not mandatory.
- Atlas Taxi: 514-485-8585
- Diamond Co-Op: 514-273-6331
- Champlain Taxi: 514-271-1111
- Taxi Co-Op: 514-725-9885
Public transport. The subway operates daily from 5:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. (1:30 a.m. on Saturdays). You can use Google Maps or the app Transit to plan your trips (https://transitapp.com) available for Iphone and Android.