Take part in the 2024 edition of Mundial Montréal
Mundial Montréal is back from November 19 to 22, 2024, for its 14th edition! Be part of the official program: the call for artist applications is open from today until midnight on March 1.
Artists wishing to be part of this year’s program can apply from today until midnight on March 1.
To submit your project, simply fill out the questionnaire at the bottom of the page. Please note that an administrative fee of $45 CDN will be charged to ensure that each application is considered by our team.
Useful information and policies
How to apply and perform at Mundial Montréal?
Mundial Montréal is looking for market-ready artists who wish to develop their careers at a national and international level. Our curation committee, made up of 5 industry professionals, will evaluate proposals and make their selections by the end of May.
The committee will be looking at factors such as the artistic quality/uniqueness of the group, market momentum and timing of the showcase (things like recent releases and performances, streaming/social numbers, press, awards, etc), and capacity of the team to take advantage of the opportunity (team, touring plans, upcoming releases, grants, etc).
Please note these are simply the kind of factors that influence the decision, but not mandatory. There is no point system, and the process remains subjective.
- The 2024 call for artists will open on January 23rd and close on March 1, at midnight.
- The application must be submitted through the registration form.
- It is important to provide the most accurate and up-to-date material possible.
- The cost is $45 CA per application.
- You must be available from November 19 to 22nd 2024.
- Only the formal method of submission will be accepted – email applications will not be considered.
What happens next?
- Once the application is submitted, the primary contact will receive a confirmation email.
- All applications received will be analyzed by the artist curation committee.
- The artist’s representative will be notified by email of the status of the application at the latest around mid-August.
- No refunds will be issued to non-selected artists. However, artists who have applied will receive a $45 CDN rebate to apply on any Mundial Montréal badge.
- If the event is postponed, Mundial Montréal will advise of the new conditions promptly.
What if the project is selected?
- Selected artists MUST have a representative with a PRO badge. This person must be available to participate in all conference activities.
- The artist can choose to be accredited to represent their own project. The purchase of a PRO badge is still mandatory in that case.
- Mundial Montréal does not provide support for travel, accommodation or per diems.
- The artist is responsible for obtaining the necessary visa(s) to play in Canada and electronic travel authorization (eTA) to enter Canada. The artist is also responsible for the documents to be provided in regard to the COVID-19, for the entry and exit of Canada.
- Each band member will receive an Artist wristband that provides access to all panels, Mentor Café and showcases. Artist wristbands will be given to the artist rep at the time of the PRO badge pick up.
- Mundial Montréal will provide the artists with the crew and basic backline required for their performance.
- The artist representative must complete the online survey(s) sent by Mundial Montréal after the event by providing information about the business opportunities generated.
- Please note that the performances are under embargo until the official line-up announcement.
Mundial Montréal reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions without prior notice.