As part of this call for applications, RADAR is looking for artists who are interested in developing their careers at a local level. Our internal programming committee will evaluate the proposals and make their selections in early February.
The committee will look at factors such as artistic quality/uniqueness of the band, market dynamics (recent releases, number of airplay, press, awards, etc.), and ability to benefit from the opportunity to be showcased in the RADAR Series. (Team, touring history, grants, etc.).
Terms & Conditions
- Artist submissions must be made between January 10 and January 24, 2023.
- Registration is free of charge.
- To register, artists must complete the online application form. It is important to provide current information.
- Only the official method of submission will be accepted—email applications will not be considered.
- Only artists who are not currently affiliated with an established production company* will be considered. Artists affiliated with an established production company will not be considered.
- Artists must be Canadian residents.
- The events will be held on March 28, March 29, April 25, April 27, May 30 and May 31. You will need to specify in the registration form which dates you are available. The programming team will do its best to accommodate your availability. We also invite you to remain flexible.
- Artists who have been officially selected for M for Montreal or Mundial Montréal can apply. Alumnis with a new album or show are welcome to reapply. The application will be retained if the proposal is renewed.
- All languages or expressions are accepted and encouraged.
* By established production company, we mean any company that has production agreements (records or shows) or sound recording marketing licenses with more than one artist and that is a recipient of public funding (via Musicaction, FACTOR or SODEC).
What happens next?
- Once the form is submitted, the applicant will receive a confirmation email.
- All applications received will be reviewed by the internal programming committee
- The person responsible will be notified by email of the status of the application in early February.
- In the event of a postponement, RADAR will advise of the new conditions as soon as possible.
If the project is selected?
- We strongly encourage the selected artist’s manager/agent/team member to participate in the pre-showcase pro event for their artist. We also strongly encourage the artist team to take part in the other pro events scheduled as part of the RADAR series.
- RADAR will provide a financial contribution to the artists to help with travel, accommodation and living expenses.
- The artist and band members will have access to the concert of the evening on which they will perform. They will also have free access to the pro event that will precede their showcase.
- RADAR’s team will provide the artist with the staff and technical equipment necessary for the smooth running of the performance (basic backline).
- It is mandatory that the artist’s representative complete the online survey(s) that RADAR will send out after the event, providing information on the business impact generated.
- Please note that selected performances are embargoed until the full program is unveiled, scheduled for February 22, 2023.
RADAR reserves the right to change the terms and conditions without notice.