Take part in the 2023 edition of Mundial Montréal
After a completely in-person edition in 2022, Mundial Montréal is back in force in 2023 for its 13th edition. From November 14 to 17, 2023, close to 400 industry professionals will meet to take part in the event.
Artists seeking to be part of the program of the upcoming edition can respond to the call for applications, presented by the Caisse Desjardins de la Culture, from today until midnight on March 15th.
To submit your project, fill out the form available at the bottom of this page. Please note that an administrative fee of 45$ CA is required for each artist application.
Useful information and policies
How to apply and perform at Mundial Montréal?
Mundial Montréal is looking for market-ready artists who wish to develop their careers at a national and international level. Our curation committee, made up of 7 industry professionals, will evaluate proposals and make their selections by the end of May.
The committee will be looking at factors such as the artistic quality/uniqueness of the group, market momentum (things like recent releases, streaming/social numbers, press, awards, etc), and the capacity to take advantage of the opportunity (team, touring history, grants, etc).
Please note these are simply the kind of factors that influence the decision, but not mandatory. There is no point system, and the process remains subjective.
- The 2023 call for artists will open on February 1st and close on March 15th at midnight.
- The application must be submitted through the registration form.
- It is important to provide the most accurate and up-to-date material possible.
- The cost is $45 CA per application.
- You must be available from November 14 to 17, 2023.
- Only the formal method of submission will be accepted – email applications will not be considered.
What happens next?
- Once the application is submitted, the primary contact will receive a confirmation email.
- All applications received will be analyzed by the artist curation committee.
- The artist’s representative will be notified by email of the status of the application around mid-August.
- No refunds will be issued to non-selected artists. However, artists who have applied will receive a $45 CDN rebate to apply on any Mundial Montréal badge.
- If the event is postponed, Mundial Montréal will advise of the new conditions promptly.
What if the project is selected?
- Selected artists MUST have a representative with a PRO badge. This person must be available to participate in all festival activities.
- The artist can choose to be accredited to represent their own project. The purchase of a PRO badge is still mandatory in that case.
- Mundial Montréal does not provide support for travel, accommodation or per diem.
- The artist is responsible for obtaining the necessary visa(s) to play in Canada and electronic travel authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.
- Each band member will receive an Artist wristbands that provides access to all panels, Mentor Café and showcases Artist wristbands will be given to the artist rep at the time of the PRO badge pick up.
- Mundial Montréal will provide the artists with the crew and basic backline required for their performance.
- The artist representative must complete the online survey(s) sent by Mundial Montréal after the event by providing information about the business opportunities generated.
- Please note that the performances are under embargo until the official line-up announcement.
Mundial Montréal reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions without prior notice.
The Call for Artists is presented by the Caisse Desjardins de la Culture.