How to apply to Mundial Montreal? As part of this call for applications, Mundial Montreal is looking for artists who wish to develop their career at a national and international level. Our selection committee, made up of 7 professionals from the sector from diverse backgrounds (new generation, industry experts, Canadian, international), will evaluate the proposals and make their choices by the end of May.
The committee will consider factors such as artistic quality/uniqueness of the group, market dynamics (recent releases, number of airings, press, price, etc.) and the ability to take advantage of the opportunity to be put on display at Mundial Montreal (Team, tour history, grants, etc.).
Please note that these are just the type of factors that could influence the decision. These remain optional. There is no point system, and the process remains subjective. · Artist files must be submitted between February 1 and March 15, 2022.
· The registration cost is $45 CAD per artist.
· Artists must complete the online application form including a short biography, listening and viewing links, and photos.
· It is important to provide up-to-date information.
· You must be available from November 15 to 18, 2022.
· Only the official method of submission will be accepted – email applications will not be considered.
· Alumni with a new album, or a new show are welcome to apply again. ·
The application will be retained in the event that the proposal is renewed.
Submit your application!
What happens next?
· Once the form has been sent, the responsible person will receive a confirmation email.
· All applications received will be analyzed by the programming committee.
· The responsible person will be notified by email of the status of the application in mid-August.
· No refunds will be granted to artists who have not been selected. However, the Applicant Manager will receive a $45 CAD discount code on any pass.
· In the event of a postponement, Mundial Montreal will advise of the new conditions as soon as possible.
If the project is selected?
· Showcase artists must be represented by an accredited person with a PRO pass. The accredited person must be able to be present at the various aspects and professional activities of the event.
· The artist can choose to be accredited to represent their own project. The purchase of a PRO pass is still mandatory, if applicable.
· Mundial Montreal does not provide support for travel, accommodation and living expenses for artists.The artist is responsible for obtaining the necessary visa(s) to perform in Canada, as well as the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.
· The artist is also responsible for the documents to be provided in connection with COVID-19, regarding his entry and exit from Canada.
· Each member of the group in performance will receive an artist bracelet which allows access to the showcases, as well as to the conferences and mentor café. ** Will have access if adequately vaccinated.
· Artist badges will be given to the artist’s representative upon collection of their pass.
· Mundial Montreal will provide the artist with the personnel and technical equipment necessary for the smooth running of the performance.
· It is mandatory that the artist’s representative complete the online survey(s) that Mundial Montreal will send after the event, providing information on the business spinoffs generated.
· Please note that selected performances are under embargo until the unveiling of the full line-up, scheduled for October 2022.
· Mundial Montreal reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions without notice.